Jazz on the city
For the 2022 edition of the festival, Jazz à Vienne is taking to the streets to offer concerts, shows, walks, ephemeral installations, street decorations and more. Throughout the festival, Jazz à Vienne will be taking over the city to offer residents and festival-goers alike a plethora of projects, events and concerts - all for free.
Concerts in the city
Every day throughout the festival, enjoy concerts, shows or a walk at 6 pm in Vienne’s streets, churches and museums! Discover some twenty hidden, secret, unique and unmissable places across Vienne and its various neighbourhoods while making the most of the festival.
Event list :
- 28th June: Unity Duo, PiVi Brass Band & Jazzy Mômes
- 29th June: Trio Moondog
- 30th June: Le Gros Tas de Zik has carte blanche
- 1st July: Duo Lou et Carine Bianco, Amin & Luna
- 3rd July: Chazz 5 & 3e student from the Vienne music Conservatory's CHAM class
- 4th July: Possible(s) 4tet
- 5th July: AFIPH / Les Grands Voyageurs – La Fanfare des Pavés
- 6th July: Alexandra Grimal solo
- 7th July: Colectivo Caliente & El Elegante, DUO AMALéA
- 8th July: Chloé Cailleton and Nathalie Darche, Juego de Tonos, DUO AMALéA
- 9th July: " Super Jazz Women " conference/concert
- 10th July: Dandy Dandie
- 11th July: Charles Kieny
- 12th July : Céline Bonacina / Laurent Dehors, Graduates from our Brass Band ocurse
- 13th July : Elodie Mam’s
In 2022, for the first time ever, Jazz à Vienne took to the streets with several highly praised ephemeral installations. They were so popular that Jazz à Vienne has decided to do it all again this year!
Last year, seven creative projects were able to go ahead thanks to partners across the region.
These involved 450 children and 150 adults, who all helped to produce the artwork. In light of this experience, Jazz à Vienne would like to make this a permanent part of the festival.
For the 2023 edition, the City of Vienne will once again be sporting the festival’s colours, with new ephemeral pieces designed especially for the occasion.
As in 2022, all the pieces will be made from as much repurposed material as possible. They are designed to be easy to assemble in several steps, so that as many people as possible can get involved.
The full list of decorative projects for the city in 2023 :
- Stream of pennants on Rue Marchande
- Fresco by the Vienne Cathedral stairs
- Pentacomix, light and sound arch along Passage Ponsard
- Giant lanterns on Cours Romestang
- Vignyls, a vineyard made from old vinyls at Cybèle, Place du Temple, the Tourism Office, train station and Place Saint-Louis
- Weavings along Passerelle Vaganay
And more surprises to come...
Discover the frescoes created by three artists (Aurage, Doug and Yab) in participating city shops.
Et d'autres surprises à venir...
Découvrez également au fil des rues les fresques réalisées par trois artistes (Aurage, Doug et Yab) dans les commerces participants.
Liste des commerces :
- Carrefour City, 41 Cours Romestang
- Carré Blanc, 26 rue Joseph Brenier
- Pâtisserie Grana, 2 Rue des Orfèvres
- Centre écouter voir, 31 Cours Brillier
- Orpi Pierre Olivier Immobilier Vienne, 27 rue Victor Hugo
- La Cave du Temple, 23 place Charles de Gaulle
- Graine de Lin, 24 rue Clémentine
- Les cafés de Pierre Soral, 32 Cours Romestang
- Cerise et Potiron, 21 Cours Romestang
- Bulles de Vienne, 79 rue Marchande
- Loli Lola, 14 cours Romestang
- Mlle Amnesia, 15 rue Boson
- Maison Privas, 2 Montée Lucien Magnat
- La fromagerie Viennoise, 2 rue des Orfèvres
- Tui, 34 rue Joseph Brenier
- Casa Flores, 47 rue des Clercs