While Kolinga is now a family of six musicians, it began as a duo between singer Rebecca M’Boungou and guitarist Arnaud Estor. Since its beginnings, the band has carefully preserved the building blocks of its success: a beguiling blend of pop, soul, jazz, hip-hop and Congolese rumba, as well as lyrics in French, Lingala and English, whose introspective dimension only strengthens their universality. Rebecca M’Boungou’s encounter with author and composer Gaël Faye, which led to a studio collaboration in 2019, was a major milestone for Kolinga, whose second album, Legacy, was released last year. Le Club is the ideal setting in which to discover this formation’s music, which is by turns festive and introspective, but always generous and an invitation to commune.
- Rébecca M’Boungou (chant lead, clavier, kalimba)
- Vianney Desplantes (euphonium, flugabone, chœurs)
- Arnaud Estor (guitare électrique / acoustique)
- Jérémie Poirier-Quinot (clavier, flûte traversière, chœurs)
- Nico Martin (basse)
- Jérôme Martineau-Ricotti (batterie, chœurs)